Saturday 10 August 2013

Life Lately #1



Wow, I have been absent for a very, very long time and I can only apologise. I'm not really sure what happened to be honest with you, one minute I was blogging away and then the next I was taking a short break which turned into a 3 month sabbatical!

So here's a quick run down of what I've been up to:

1) Sitting two more NCTJ exams. Not thrilling and very hard work. I'm pleased to say I passed (just) with grade C's in both exams
2) Finishing the second year of university. Where has the time gone! It seems like yesterday my parents were dropping me off at halls and I was enjoying Freshers fortnight - now it's on the really hard work, I'm talking dissertation and final year project. Gulp!
3) Work experience. I did a week at the Hereford Times in June, which I actually really enjoyed. It wasn't that I was expecting it to be boring, I've just never been great at news journalism - give me a magazine concept and a lifestyle or beauty idea and I could write for hours. I'm also super excited to say I will be working at Fabulous magazine for week starting on Monday.
4) Final year housing. Probably the most stressful situation of the summer so far. We had a 3 bed house sorted back in February and paid the deposit only to find out in June that our house had been sold and we were technically homeless for 3rd year. Luckily a gorgeous 3 bed came on the market the day we were viewing new properties and we decided to rent it. It was an upsetting couple of weeks but I'm happy to say it's all sorted and I can't wait to move in with my friends in September.
5) Holiday time. I've just come back from a week away with the family in Yorkshire. We stayed in a tiny little village with no mobile signal and terrible wifi! We did get to go on some lovely moor walks and made it into York city centre a couple of times so I could go shopping!

I've also decided to give my blog a little overhaul. I'll be designing a new header and including longer articles about beauty and lifestyle. While I love writing reviews - and I think if we're honest we all enjoy reading an honest one - I really want to branch out a bit with my writing.

Well that's all for now. I have to sort out my suitcase for tomorrow and try and then try and get a good nights sleep!

Beth
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment