Monday 11 February 2013

Save the nail - toughen up base coat

Hello everyone, I hope you're well.
It's been absolutely freezing today, we've even had some snow but unfortunately it wasn't heavy enough to settle so looks like we won't be having a snow day tomorrow!
Anyway as you've probably all noticed nude and natural nails are going to be huge this Spring/Summer and I noticed mine were in need of a bit of TLC. Working it a kitchen is definitely puts a strain on your hands and mine are always looking damaged. The hot water dries out your hands and leaves you nails looked tired and ragged. I've lost count of the number of times I've bent my nail back or ripped it halfway down the bed (ouch!). 
This base coat was a bit of an impulse purchase, I was browsing in Boots with a good friend and this cheeky little product caught my eye. The packaging is so cute - covered in hearts (perfect for Valentines Day) and seeing as it was on offer how could I refuse? 

 
Like all other products by Nails Inc., gets a lovely (and very appropriate) name "Save the nail". It contains silk powder to add instant strength and mineral complex with added protein to helps nails grow stronger and longer. The idea is that you apply a coat every 7 days and then on the 8th day you clean your nails and start again. I've only been using it for a few days but I can already see difference in my nails. They look smoother and healthier, and the whites are much lighter.I definitely think I will keep using this base coat, and I'll report back as to whether it's made them any better to deal with the strains and stresses of a working kitchen!



 
Apologies for the bad pictures of my hands, the camera isn't the greatest. Also if my nails look slightly blue it's because the house is so cold!

Save the nail toughen up base coat is available from Boots and online here for £7.50

Have you used any other products from Nails Inc.? What did you think?

Beth xx

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! How much is the base coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just been browsing through yours - it's so cute :) The base coat is £7.50 but sometimes it's on offer for a fiver in boots xx

      Delete