Sunday 15 September 2013

Look Fantastic haul


To be honest with you I'm not really sure how I ended up on the Look Fantastic website. It was the first day alone in my new house and one minute I was browsing Amazon for bedding and decoration to make my room a bit more homely and the next I'm browsing hundred of beauty products with at least 50% off! What was a girl to do but buy a few pieces!
What really drew me in though was the promise of free samples, all you had to do was spend £25 on products included in the offer and you get given an Editor's Pick.


Alpha-H Liquid Gold Prep and Prime: £15.29 (RRP: £25)
I'm a bit annoyed with myself because I actually meant to buy the Alpha-H Liquid Gold which can be used to treat acne as well as fine lines and wrinkles, but I added this one to my basket thinking it was a primer. What I didn't realise until I went to cancel my order is that if you place an order and your products is labelled as "Product in stock, usually dispatched within 24hrs" then it is pretty much impossible to edit/change/cancel your order and now that I have it, I really can't be bothered to send it back. This product is designed to brighten the skin, with chamomile and thyme to help reduce blemishes and redness. However it's also designed to help with fine line and wrinkles, something I'm too young to worry about yet, but I'm going give it a try for a bit and see if it will help my acne and redness around my mouth and nose.



Premier Model Skin Toner: £11.69 (RRP: £20.95)
I have been looking for a toner for so long and this one just kind of just jumped out at me - I think it's the red packaging! But when I read it helped remove traces of cleanser and tighten your pores without drying it then I was sold. The facewash I've been using recently has really dried out the skin around nose which doesn't look great when you apply foundation. This bottle contains vitamin B5 for moisture balance, Aloe Vera to soothe, Vitamin C for raidance and Sodium Hyaluronate to plump skin. 200ml for just over a tenner isn't bad and I can't wait to try it.



Free Stuff!
Who doesn't love free samples, I swear I would save myself so much money if beauty companies didn't offer free samples with a certain spend amount. My Look Fantastic order came with 5 sample sized products.


Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil (RRP: £20.50 for 50ml)
 I'm definitely up for trying anything that promises to banish frizz and leave hair looking silky and shiny. The fact that it's paraben and other nasties free it a brilliant bonus. You can use this as a styling aid or a intensive treatment
Australian Bodycare Tea Tree Oil Hand and Body Lotion (RRP: £21.70 for 500ml)
A nice enough inclusion but nothing I'm particularly excited to try compared to the other products.According to the packaging, beauty therapists use this an aftercare treatment to help with ingrown hairs to perhaps it will help with razor burn as well?


Alpha H Micro Cleanse with Glycolic Acid and Rice Bran (RRP: £24.50 for 100ml)
Another exfoliant to go with the one I ordered. This one is designed to clear pores of dirt and debris (great for me) and help with fine lines and wrinkles (no so great). I think this one is slightly stronger as it is designed to be used twice a week so I will be alternating it with the Liquid Gold Prep and Prime.


Gatineau Defilift 3D Eye Contour Lift Emulsion (RRP: £46.50 FOR 15ml)
Considering a full sized 15ml tube costs nearly £50 getting a 5ml tube for free after spending £25 is pretty good going! This is not a product I would pick out myself and eye creams always seem to irritate my eyes, but I'll give this a go and report back!


Wella SP Luxe Oil (RRP: £24.99 for 100ml)
I'm a bit confused as to why an editors pick would include two hair oils, I would have preferred a different treatment but never mind. This one claims to make your hair up to 10 times smoother and to transform your damaged hair, so I'm still pretty much sold as my hair is always crying out for some TLC.

Have you ordered any products from Look Fantastic? What are the best free samples you've got with any beauty order?

Beth xx



No comments:

Post a Comment