Sunday 8 September 2013

Stress Free Sundays: Hair masks

Welcome to another new weekly feature on my blog, Stress Free Sundays. To me, Sundays can seem like the most stressful day of the week. Not because I'm particularly busy on that day, but because it marks the end of a busy week and the start of new one.
I've always been a person who worries, I can remember getting stressed out over my Year 6 SATs, but last year I tried to be a bit more laid back and this year I'm trying even harder. I don't think there's anything wrong with a little bit of stress now and then, it keeps you on your toes, but worrying all the time - especially about things that can't be helped - is awful. It's bad for your health, disrupts your sleeping and eating patterns and - at least for me - leads to a nasty acne break out. With all that in mind every week I'm going to spend my Sunday evening doing something relaxing and sharing it with you guys.

Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey Intensive Nourishing Mask*

I've just moved into my new house for the final year of university. My dad and sister stayed with my for the first night to help me get settled in, but now they've gone and everything's been unpacked the house is very quiet and I've got a lot on mind about workload for this uni year.
I've decided to treat myself this evening to a hair mask. They are a great once-a-week addition to your bath/shower routine when you're running short on time, giving you an excuse to the enjoy the warm water for an extra five minutes. However if you have part of your evening to spare then apply to damp and hair and settle down with a good book or catch up on some TV (an old episode of True Blood for me).
My current favourite is Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Intense Nourishing Mask. It smells amazing! I'm usually not that keen on honey scented products but this one has the balance just right and it smells a little cinnamon-y as well. This mask is great for anyone with dry or damaged hair. I regularly use a hair-dryer and straighteners on mine so this masks helps to add some much needed moisture, especially at the ends.
If your coloured hair is in need of some extra care then John Frieda do a great range of masks, and the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle range is great for when the clock is ticking. Not only will your hair thank you for the TLC but it also gives you some time to forget about the stresses and strains of the week.

How do you like to relax on a Sunday evening?

Beth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment