Monday 10 March 2014

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat £5.99


A few months ago I shared the Sally Hansen No Chips Acrylic top coat with you all, and I was incredibly disappointed with the formula. Not only did it make my nail polish crack and chip, but it actually damaged it more than wearing no top coat at all. The experience did put me off Sally Hansen a little bit, but I've heard so many positives about the brand from friends, family and other beauty bloggers that it was difficult not to go back and try a different product. Plus I would hate to write a brand off completely just on one bad performance.
The first time I tried this top coat I actually borrowed it off my housemate, who blogs here, and I was really impressed with it! It completely made up for my bad experience with the No Chips Acrylic Top Coat, and more! If like me you are too impatient to wait for your polish to dry, or if even when it seems dry you still manage to smudge it, then this is the perfect product for you.
As it says on the bottle Insta-Dri is a clear top coat which you can apply to freshly painted nails to "instantly dry" them. I was a sceptical when I first tried this top coat, I thought there was no way it could dry my polish s quickly but it has worked every time. All you need to do is apply your nail polish (after you've put on a base coat of course), wait two minutes, and then apply a single coat of Insta-Dri and in a minute or so your nails will be completely dry! The top coat also contains UV filters, which helps protect your manicure and prevent nail colour from fading. Definitely worth the £5.99, just for the frustration it has saved me with ruined nails.
The only downside I've found with this product is that towards the end of the bottle it can tend to get a little sticky and tacky. I'm not sure why this is, maybe it's the drying properties, but if you try and apply it when it's like that it will ruin your polish. So just go out and get another bottle! You can buy Insta-Dri at Boots and Superdrug stores, or online here and here.

Have you tried the Insta-Dri top coat? What did you think?

Beth xx

1 comment:

  1. Off all of the top coats I have tried from Sally Hansen, and this has so far been the best.

    ReplyDelete