Friday 14 March 2014

The Online Positivity Challenge

Image source - from We Heart It
When I read this article published by Cosmo I found myself in complete agreement with them and Body Gossip. Far too often we use our Twitter, Facebook and other social media channels to complain, bitch or argue. I'm lucky that on my Twitter I follow lots of lovely, inspirational bloggers and magazines, but not a day goes by where I don't plenty of negative things. I don't know about you - and maybe it's just me - but my Facebook is full of people complaining about everything and anything, or using social media as an excuse to write a very pointed, bitchy status without actually naming the person involved (come on guys, we all know who you're talking about). While we all may enjoy a bit of drama once in a while - especially if it doesn't affect our life - it does get a bit repetitive.
So for the next week I will be joining Body Gossip and Cosmo Online on their Online Positivity Challenge. On all my social media I will only be posting and sharing positive and inspiring thoughts and pictures, and I encourage you ALL to do the same. Hopefully then when we all log on to our Twitter or Facebook, we'll feel happy instead of envious, angry or upset. Life is hard, and we all need a bitch and a moan, but think how much good we could all do together if we stayed positive for just one week.

Here are some thoughts to get your started!

1) What has inspired you in the past week?
I'm finished my degree in about four months time, so I'm starting to look for internships and jobs. While it's encouraging to see so many *paid* opportunities out there, it can be disheartening to know a lot of people will be applying for the same one. I'm lucky that I've found some jobs that I really want and know I would be good at, so it's inspired me to really get stuck into my university work and try my best.

2)Who do you know doing good in the world?
Some of my closest friends. One who is always off raising money for charity and another who has trained incredibly hard to become a veterinary nurse, hearing her stories is so inspiring.

3) What was the last thing you heard that made you think your city/country/area was a great place to live in?
On days like today where it's warm and sunny, Bournemouth is a really amazing and positive place to be. I think it's got something to do with being by the beach in good weather, it just instantly puts everyone in a happy mood.

4) Who are your style icons?
My friends and the amazing bloggers I follow! Thanks to Twitter I have found so many amazing fashion and beauty blogs which have inspired me to try something new. Pinterest is also amazing for finding new ideas

5) Which celebrities or public figures do you admire?
Jennifer Lawrence (who doesn't) for keeping things real, and being a positive role model for women everywhere. Cameron Diaz and Gywneth Paltrow, both for being so laid back. Helen Mirren and Judi Dench, they are both amazing actresses and prove you can look fab at any age.

Will you be joining the Online Positivity Challenge? Let me know so I can follow you!

Beth xx 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a very good article… but what can I say… I produce a very good article… but what can I say… I done
    ladies fashion wholesalers manchester

    ReplyDelete